Any time a comment is added to a message, to-do, file, or event, a discussion thread will be created. The most recently commented-on threads will display at the top of a project’s main page.
Create a stand-alone discussion
- Go to a project and click to post a new message.
- Type your message, select the notifications, and post it!
Add a link to any discussion by copying and pasting the URL. It becomes clickable when you publish the post. If it’s a link to an image or web video, the image or video will automatically be embedded into your discussion. Boom!
- When you click on a file, it will pop open in an overlay. Click the ‘Discuss’ button to add a comment.
- Go to the Calendar page and click on a specific event. Click ‘Discuss this event’ to add your comments.
View your discussions
- Click the ‘Discussions’ link on your project to view all your discussions
- The default view is latest discussions at the top. Click ‘last updated’ to change the sort to oldest.
- You can filter your discussions. Just type in the filter field and Basecamp will find matching discussions.
When you reply to a discussion via email, make sure you’re sending your email in plain text, not HTML. Here’s how to check.
Ready To Get Started?
Our clients love working with us, and we think you will too. Give us a call to see how we can work together - or fill out the contact form.